I am an award winning developer with over 20 years agency experience. As well as developing I also enjoy using my skill set as a producer to work closely with all the other members of a team to bring the various elements together in the development environment. The scope of my work has involved the creation of interactive websites for children’s publishing & youth projects, advertising, TV and film supporting projects, banner ads, WordPress, various specialist consumer sites and multilingual versions of all the above.
- HTML5 development including animation, banner development and microsites.
- HTML5 banner development using Ad-servers including Celtra, DoubleClick Studio, AdForm, FlashTalking & Sizmek.
- WordPress site development using themes including set-up and admin of many plug-ins including WooCommerce and Yoast SEO to name but a few.
- AIR for iOS and AIR for Android developing apps and games for iPhone, iPad and Android Devices using Stage 3D via the Starling Framework, Citrus Engine, Box2D & AIR Native Extensions. Skilled ActionScript developer with over 20 years experience.
- DEP Video Advertising Boards including Tube, Train, Petrol Station, Jumb-screens, pitch side LED, & Cinemagraphs for a range of clients. (Mostly built in After-Effects).
- AfterEffects scripting and render automation using ExtendScript.
- High proficient in standard tools including Greensock (GSAP), Adobe Edge, Flash Builder, Animate, Scout, After Effects, Fireworks, PhotoShop, Texture Packer, Audition, Illustrator, Hype, Particle Designer, Glyph Designer, Media Encoder, Sublime etc.
- Clients & agencies I have worked with include: Channel 5, CMC Markets, Dahl & Dahl, Disney, Discovery Channel, Fold 7, Pablo, Proctor & Gamble (Conran Design), Templar Publishing, Tilt, Tribal DDB, ZAC Media & Zone (to name but a few) to produce original and exciting interactive experiences.
- Extensive experience working with internal and external screen designers, programmers, 3D modellers, copywriters, translation agencies and project managers to bring projects together in the development environment.
- Extensive experience filming, editing and integrating green-screen footage and voice-over audio for use in interactives as well as encoding video for various formats for use on streaming video platforms.
- Much of my work is driven by content management systems and I am highly experienced in integrating client side with server side CMS systems (ASPX.net, CFM & PHP) using XML.
- Project genres include: Facebook apps, iOS apps, Android apps, desktop apps, WordPress, micro sites, virals, games, kiosks, video integration, production and encoding, banners & MPU’s (AdForm, DoubleClick, Flash Talking & MediaMind / Sizmek).
I have good inter-personal skills due to extensive client face-to-face liaison during a projects life cycle. This requires good communication skills to manage expectations of delivery, time and costs. I thrive on working within a team to meet these objectives.
I am working freelance to further my skill base and to work with a diversity of clients, projects and colleagues. Freelance provides me with these fresh opportunities whilst also allowing me to manage my own existing clients and projects.